20 DECEMBER 2020
Beem It & you, a year in review.
2020 has been a crazy year by any stretch of the imagination. From ‘toilet paper’ obsessions to payments based on the US election, we thought we would have a look back at some of the weird, wonderful and interesting facts about what Beemers got up too.
First of all, if you haven't already, make sure you check out some of the features that have come out this year on Beem It. The tech geniuses at Beem It have dominated their time working from home and released some amazing new updates, including:
- Gift cards (This feature has made it easy to purchase and send gift cards to friends whether or not they have Beem It). You can also store gift cards given to you on the Beem It app, that way you’ll never lose them again!
- You can use credit cards on Beem It now to make purchases like gift cards. We’ll have some more things in store for 2021, so watch this space.
- You can store all your loyalty cards on the app and reduce card clutter.
- It also got easier to be emotive with payments this year, because it was especially important to be connected, while still being physically apart. To help we introduced reactions, stickers and Gifs to the app. An emoji, sticker or a giphy can say more than just words.
But without further ado, here are some of the interesting facts that made 2020 the year that was:
- Over 331K new faces joined the Beem It family totalling over 1.2 million all up. Make sure you check out who of your friends have joined, because Beem It is better with friends.
- Our minds were still on our stomachs again this year. The top category in payments this year was food, which is the same as last year. This was followed by rent, dinner, lunch, then uber.
- Remember at the beginning of March when some new global pandemic started? Well because of the Rona we saw an increase in Toilet paper, which was used in all payment descriptions 5,173 times and of course Corona, which was used in payments descriptions 4,842 times.
- Luxury pastimes like going to the movies with friends dropped off. Movies was used roughly 60 times each day in January and are now around 20 times per day.
- WAP was used 1,084 times in payments. Enough said OR If you know, you know.
- Beemers were captivated by the US election, although it looks like in this instance Trump won with 639 transactions to Biden at 303.
- Video games were important with everyone stuck in doors. Animal Crossing peaked this year on the 20th of March with over 670 payments made all year. Cyberpunk had a late surge with 139 counts and Doom made an appearance with 50.
- Beemers were also more constructive with their time this year with over $443K worth of transactions on “lessons”. That includes music, driving, gym and some more unique lessons like archeology, DJ and origami. We’re looking forward to spending some Ebay gift cards on some of the cool new small businesses that could be being set up!
We hope you have had a good 2020 and we hope to be a part of your 2021.
If you have any ideas or suggestions on how we can improve connecting with each other, whether it’s an app innovation or something we could do at work, we would love to hear from you. We're working harder than ever to ensure you continue to have the best Beem It experience possible. Please share any other ideas that you would like us to incorporate into our next blog post here email@example.com.
What is Beem It?
Beem It allows you to pay, request, split and transfer money with anyone in your network, simply using your phone. Backed by eftpos, the app is easy, secure and free to download and use. Find out more about Beem It here.