13 SEPTEMBER 2020
1 billion reasons to thank you
Celebrations are in order for Beem It and all you Beemers. We’ve hit the $1 Billion mark in total transactions, which is a testament to just how useful our customers have found our app over the past few years. That’s $1 billion worth of payments that have been paid, requested or transferred securely between bank debit cards.
To celebrate we thought we would share some interesting facts about what you Beemers have been doing with the app. Hopefully, these facts will inspire you further. Share this with your friends who aren’t on Beem It and let them know how useful Beem It is when it comes to making money moments better.
- There have been 134 transaction descriptions that have used the word “billion” totalling just over $5,000. So there are a few aspirational Beemers out there.
- Beemers are a youthful bunch with 34% of transactions from Beemers aged 20-24 years old, but we have a few tech-savvy users from the ‘wiser’ generations with 6.25% being over 49 years old.
- The software battle continues with iOS leading the way, reflecting 66% of Beemers and 34% using Android.
Looking at the breakdown of the $1 billion dollars worth of payments, there have been:
- Over 101,000 payments with “coffee” in the description.
- Over $670,000 worth of payments have been on “burgers” and $10,658.13 being spent on “chicken burgers”.
- Close to $1.48M payments have been made for going to the “movies”, with $26,510 using “theatre” as a description.
- Over $2.57M of payments have included “Holiday” as part of the description with over $2.74M worth of spend including the word “home”. The highest amount of descriptions with “home” occurred in February 2020.
There must have been some interesting moments that involved “billions” over the past few years. Here are what some Beemers have put in their descriptions when making a payment
- ticket to become a billionaire 🤑
- annual Sea Org membership, courtesy of L.Ron Hubbard #billionyearcontract
- dont need your money because im going to be a billionare
- damn it I sent $1 billion but they put the decimal in the wrong spot oh well next time
- forgetting to pay you a billion times
Hopefully you are inspired by the above. Beem It gets easier with more friends and with new Beem It innovations in the pipeline, expect to see Beem It hitting the $2 billion mark much sooner!
If you have any ideas or suggestions on how we can improve connecting with each other, whether it’s an app innovation or something we could do at work we would love to hear from you. We're working harder than ever to ensure you continue to have the best Beem It experience possible. Please share any other ideas that you would like us to incorporate into our next blog post here email@example.com